Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home



It's better than I thought to be home again. Maybe because I've changed and so have my parents. At least, they no longer try to fit me into the "normal" category of girl who should be, as they suppose, sociable, friendly, clever, etc. The best thing is that they finally let me be who I am, a weird creature in many people's view. And the bestest thing is that, I realize how their love still remain the same through all those years, despite my failures and rebellion which brought shame to them.

For the very first time of my life, I really enjoy doing house chores for the sake of people I love and of my beloved home as well. I learn how to make cakes for my little brother and although I haven't got any real successes, he's still willing to be the most patient tester who gives me lots of encouragements. I feel my tears welling up as my dad wakes up at 5pm each day to prepare things for my morning exercise, afraid that I may catch a cold. I enjoy every single hug and kiss my mom gives me each time she's home as well as all the stuff she buys me to "spruce up" my look after a long time I've almost completely neglected it. She enjoys looking at my face and boasting to herself how gorgeous her daughter is. I know future is something that can't be foreseen and totally unpredictable to ordinary people like me, but still, I wish, together with my love, someday in the future we can show our kids what it is to be a true family bound with real love like my parents have been doing.

I'm a few years past twenty. Some friends at my age have got married already. I'm being single and I have no intention of holding that status for long in years to come. I, however, am not in any hurry to change it, either. But thinking of the matter of time, it, from time to time, makes me scared. The truth is the more ages I put on, the faster my parents grow older. I'm feeling it so clearly that imagining I may have to leave them again someday makes my future become so blur. I can't stop the flow of time nor turn it back, but I desperately want to stay with them a little bit longer, so anyone can tell me what I can do to make time slow down its steps?

Once you feel so nice being home, it's equally horrible to think of the day you may have to leave it.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am happy for you. Being home is the best feeling, isn't it? Enjoy those happy moments :)

    ReplyDelete