Friday, February 26, 2010

Julie & Julia


If you have ever watched this movie, don't ask me why I've been a HUGE fan of Meryl Streep since the very first film of hers felt into my hands. She's just simply stunning! An acting with so much charm and wisdom. I've just finished watching the movie this noon and now I think I can partly understand how it feels when, as a friend of mine used to say, you cook for someone you love. And a small happy note: I didn't realize I already had the book in my e-book stock until I watched the movie and began to search for it around :D I've just scanned through the first pages and I should say Julie really didn't go overboard when she said it felt like Julia was with her in the kitchen. All the narration as well as instructions was written on such a friendly tone that it can make you want to jump right into your kitchen with the book in hand to make a start, forgetting that you are to cook FRENCH, something (supposed to be) luxurious, fabulous and of course, not easy at all. But that doesn't mean we can't give it a try, eh?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment