Friday, January 8, 2010

A mother's love


 
 
 
 

Of all the epic moments in the latest episode of my favorite drama, this scene moved me to tears not only once but almost every single time I watch it. Maybe  because it makes me miss my Mom so badly...

Watching the reunion of mother and daughter, I can feel how much grief and pain Ji Wan's mom has put on her beats. No matter how harsh her words may sound, it's true that she still loves Ji Wan as a mother and the suddenly appearing of her daughter after almost 10 years with no connection utterly overwhelms her. In the end, she's a mother and Ji Wan must always be among the most precious treasures in her life.

The other day, a close friend of mine left a short note on her Facebook telling that her mom refused to pick her up at the airport at 11pm 'cos she said it was too late for her to go out, and my friend had to nag that she'd got too much luggage to manage all alone so that her mom would agree to go to the airport. My close friend, she used to be a target for my jealousy 'cos of her wealthy family as well as her freedom to go to almost everywhere she wants, but after reading her note, I realized that in some way, I may be the one who's got more. My Mom, she's just simply the one who never goes to bed before I get home and even if she's got sick, she'd rather let me sleep some more than wake me up to do something for her illness. And for that alone, I know how much I've been blessed for being her child.

7 comments:

  1. I cried my heart out watching these scenes as well. So touching and totally unexpected!

    Oh I love the story of the rainbow painter. I know of a story about a girl who folded paper stars. Blue for sad days, pink/red for lovely days,and white for "non-significant" days. After a year, she has a jar full of different colors. :) Yeap that girl is me and I still keep the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like painting but I cannot draw well, like the girl who loves rainbow but is unable to see it (forever).

    I understand how the jar of stars is precious to you. I used to fold lots of stars, too. But they (my stars) had a little bit different meaning. I just folded them for people I love (my lil' bro, close friends, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cook for the people I love. So that's the different. :)

    You should write in Vietnamese also. Love to read it. I cannot write so easily in Vietnamese anymore. It does not sound natural.

    Your exam ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I tried but gave up in the process several times. I haven't written anything special in Vietnamese for 3 years since my last letter to the one I loved.

    Maybe English is not my (our) mother tongue, I find it easier to use this language to express my hidden feelings. When using Vietnamese with too much emotion, that makes me feel like being laid bare in front of my readers' eyes, which is quite uneasy to me. I already read your Vietnamese blog and I don't think it sounds any unnatural. But perhaps we may feel the same when trying to write in Vietnamese, sometimes it feels so hard to find a right word.

    I'm hoping the result will be good enough for me to enjoy the holidays in light mind (T_T) I was stuck with this kind of stuff for almost 2 years, gosh! (>"<)

    How about your house? Have you all settled down? I'm moving next week, but still have got so many things to do :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will move in this week. I have tones of things to write about my new life but have been caught up with other stuff.

    I have not written in Vietnamese for 8 years. :) And all my love experience is with foreigners so English comes more naturally for me.

    Oh, my husband likes your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I thought you were the only one who came by this blog of mine (@_@)? I'm glad to hear that but still... really surprised! (O_o)

    I look forward to reading about your new life, too. I believe it should be great! Although you're back to a familiar place but I think the experience may be different.

    I tried to write something in Vietnamese last night. Quite exhausted although it was short. But I think it was a pretty good "return" although facing my true feelings isn't an easy thing to do at all (T_T)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I showed him :D. My husband is quite good in writing actually. I read your Vietnamese stuff last night. It's nice, I like it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete