Saturday, January 2, 2010

Last word (for a story)

My friend told me that my story is already perfect itself without the "untold part". I know it, but I meant to write that short part just for myself, or for the boy, actually. When listening to the old song by Secret Garden, I felt like somewhere in my mind, the boy wanted me to tell his story as well. He couldn't stand watching her waiting for him in vain like that as well as I couldn't stand not acknowledging his pain. So I began to type again, finishing the separate part in 2 hours.

- Did you think of this ending last night?
- No, I didn't. I just felt like writing and I started it. Just like last night, while I was typing the first sentences about the girl, I didn't known how it would end, either.
- I think just the first part is enough. You should let the readers guess the rest.
- I know. But I told you I felt like writing and I couldn't resist it. It was like I wrote another part of my diary rather than a story. When the boy died, it felt like parts of myself followed him as well. But then I felt relieved, totally relived. My mission is completed and I'm content.

This is how I finished the first day of my new year. Now it's time for me to rest.

I've got an awful Japanese exam awaiting me in 2 days while I'm still totally unprepared for it. Gosh! I should have killed myself first.

1 comment:

  1. I do noy have problem with the new ending, it's like an epilouge to the main story.

    Personally, I like "There's no such place" story as it is. The pain of not knowing what happens to the other side seems to be deeper. Something is better left unsaid sometimes...

    ReplyDelete